The Crazy News Guy

Archive for the ‘Colorado’ Category

Video: Puppy takes on rattlesnake, survives to fight another day!

In 2007, amazing story, American News, animals, celebrity, Chihuahua, chihuahua saves toddler, Colorado, dogs, Fashion Industry, Hero, natural world, News, Odd News, Paris dog, paris hilton, pets, Snakes, Uncategorized, United States, USA, wild animals, World News, Worlds most on July 24, 2007 at 2:13 am

2307_chihuahua_a_jpg318.jpg The unlikely hero.

 The most famous Chihuahua in the world is probably our friend Paris Hilton’s 3,000 Euro pet/fashion accessory Tinkerbell.

 Move over Tinkerbell

But an unlikely hero has emerged to take that most famous Chihuahua spot away.

And it has the hallmarks of an epic battle of David and Goliath proportions.

A puppy Chihuahua named Zoey is being hailed as a hero after taking on an aggravated rattlesnake who threatened a 1-year-old boy in the backyard of a town in Colorado, USA.

Media Reports:

Zoey was in her master’s back yard, July 12, in the foothills west of Loveland.

Her master, Monty Long, was sitting on his back patio watching his grandson, Booker West.

The toddler was playing by the birdbath when Zoey darted between him and a rock on the other side. The rattlesnake was on the rock.

“As soon as she went in she yipped and came running back out,” Long said.

The grandfather said he ran over and grabbed the toddler, then took him out of harms way. Then, he said, he grabbed a pipe and took care of the snake.

“It was up in the position to strike again,” Long said.

Zoey still has a one inch scar from the attack.

“Her head was the size of a large grapefruit,” said Denise Long, the boy’s grandmother. “You couldn’t tell where her eyes were… just this little button that you could tell was her nose.”

The vet treated Zoey with antivenin and blood plasma. She has since recovered from the snakebite.

Denise Long said she hated to see her dog get bitten, but she’s glad it was the dog and not her grandson.

So is the toddler’s Mom. “I was terrified,” said Lynsie West. “I used to go out on my 4 Wheeler all the time and I’d see them constantly (snakes), but it never scared me as much as it does now. Oooh, it just gives me the chills.”

Monty Long said after everything settled down and the dog was treated by the vet, he had time to stop and think about what happened, and what almost happened. “That’s when the cold chills went up my neck, for about two hours.”

Long said he’ll be keeping a closer eye on his own back yard from now on.

He said this isn’t the first time there’s been a snakebite on his property.

“About four years ago a rattler bit Cherokee (his painted horse) on the nose.”

The quick thinking Long placed a hose in the horse’s nose before it swelled shut. That action, and another call to the vet, helped save the horse.

The Longs said they understand that snakes are part of the landscape where they live.

They said they’re glad that Zoey lives there too.

“She’s not your typical Chihuahua,” Denise said, “she’s not mean; she’s just a sweet little dog.”

Yipes!

One brave little puppy dog…

Nightmare: Man discovers fly larvae living inside his head!

In 2007, Belize, Colorado, Crazy news, health, Life, mens health, Odd News, Places, south america, USA on July 18, 2007 at 10:50 pm

Hope you haven’t finished a large meal recently.

Crazy things happen in 2’s.

A day after we found out about that rugby player who discovered his opponents tooth embedded into his forehead, a much more stomach curdling story along similar lines has emerged.

Look away now if you fell squeamish at the mere thought of an infestation of fly larvae INSIDE YOUR HEAD! Oh wait, I just told you right there.

Eeeep!

Yes that’s right.

According to media reports:

A man in the United States who had recently been on a trip to the Central American nation of Belize discovered five active bot fly larvae living near the top of his skull, which were living in a 2mm to 3mm-wide pit under his skin.

“I’d put my hand back there and feel them moving. I thought it was blood coursing through my head”

“I could hear them. I actually thought I was going crazy.”

Aaron Dallas from Colorado was initially told that he was suffering from the shingles, but after a continuation of unusual feelings within his head, he went back for a further examination, and his doctor Kimball Spence made the spine shivering discovery.

“It was pretty obvious that something was going on”.

“There was an open pit. You could see a little activity, not necessarily the larvae, but a fluctuation of the fluid in the pit,” Dr Spence told media.

Yipes! watch a man have a South American bot fly removed from his back!

Just imagine having those living in your skull…